We are excited to provide access to Kanopy Video Streaming!
We are excited to provide access to Universal Class!
- Video-based courses for patrons interested in professional or personal growth
- Learning on your own time, at your own pace
- Wide range of subjects, from personal finance to Yoga
- Expert instructors giving continual feedback
Our Library has a subscription to Consumer Reports Online that you can use to get instant, unlimited access to exclusive unbiased Ratings and recommendations of products and services! Anytime you need it, you can find out the best and worst of thousands of products in hundreds of categories. From appliances to vacuums, cars to digital cameras, get expert reviews and reliability ratings on the products you need. Access is 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
RBdigital Magazines, the world’s largest newsstand, offers full-color digital magazines for anytime, anywhere reading on desktops, mobile devices, and apps. Your library’s collection of popular digital magazines includes both new and backlist titles with no holds, no checkout periods, and no limits.
- Online reading: Instantly read all current and backlist magazines on desktop and mobile browsers.
- Mobile apps: Download and read magazines on 95% of today’s mobile devices, including iOS (Apple®), Android™, and Kindle Fire™/HD/HDX.
- Backlist: Grow your collection and build a digital backlist for anytime checkout and reading.
- Easy browsing and checkout: Browse your library’s collection by newest issue, keyword search, genre and language to find your favorites and to discover new reading interests.
- Two ways to read: Check out magazines and read them instantly on your desktop or mobile browser — or check out and download magazines through mobile apps.
- Helpful notifications: Sign up for weekly email reminders about your favorite magazines.
- No limit and permanent checkout: Check out as many issues as you want and keep them in your account as long as you wish.
Morningstar Investment Research Center: Morningstar is a comprehensive tool that features financial information, reliable portfolio analysis, information about investment options, and up-to-date financial news and commentary. Please note: this service allows one user at a time. Please log out when finished to allow the next customer to access Morningstar. If the service is being used, please try again later.
For remote users please choose:
Library: lyon township
Card #: 29093
This service is paid for by Lyon Township Public Library.
Our Library has a subscription to TumbleBookLibrary, and your family can access it from home! It’s unlimited, and it’s FREE for you to use from home!
Administered by the Library of Michigan in partnership with Michigan’s libraries of all types, the Michigan eLibrary (https://www.mel.org/) will provide all Michigan residents with free access to online full-text articles, full-text books, digital images, and other valuable research information at any time via the Internet; and provide an easy-to-use interlibrary loan system to allow Michigan residents to borrow books and other library materials for free from participating Michigan libraries.
- MeL Databases allow you instant access to full-text articles from tens of thousands of magazines and newspapers. Databases are available for kids, adults, and on specialized topics such as car repair and practice tests.
- MeLCat allows you to order books, audio books, music, movies and other materials and have them delivered to your participating library. View a video to familiarize yourself with MeLCat.
- MeL Michigana contains photographs, diaries, oral histories, local records and historical Michigan data. View a video to familiarize yourself with MeL Michigana.
- MeL Portals include specialized resources such as those in health, business and areas for kids and teens.
We are happy to now provide LTPL customers with access to ReferenceUSA!