The William K. Smith Community Center (WKSCC) is located adjacent to the Lyon Township Public Library
The WKSCC’s primary purpose is for the use of the Lyon Township Community. Priority is given to the needs of the Lyon Township government agencies, including the Township Government, Fire Department and Public Library. Community groups and Lyon Township residents may reserve the Community Center based on availability, by contacting the Lyon Township Public Library.
- The WKSCC may not be used to sell or to promote the sale of goods or services.
- Religious services are not permitted.
- A $100 deposit (by check made out to the Lyon Township Public Library) is required for use of the WKSCC.
- It is required that the person reserving the WKSCC is a resident of Lyon Township
- Parties are responsible for cleaning and securing the premises after use. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of the deposit.
- Capacity of the WKSCC is limited to 50 people.
- The WKSCC is available from 10:00 am until 9:00 pm Monday – Thursday, from 10:00 am – 5:00 pm on Friday and Saturday, and from 12:00 – 4:00 pm on Sunday.
- Provide all table coverings and materials for your event. Confetti and glitter are not permitted in the WKSCC.
- Do not use pins or tape on walls or painted surfaces
- You may use the refrigerator/freezer, microwave oven, sink and stovetop in the kitchen. The oven may be used only for warming up prepared food.
- Alcohol, smoking, the use of candles, fireworks, gambling, weapons, and illegal activities are all prohibited in and around the WKSCC.
- Swimming, boating and fishing in Lake Angela are not permitted from the WKSCC or Library frontage.
- No animals are permitted, other than those accompanying the disabled, or approved for programming purposes.
- No red beverages are permitted in the WKSCC.
To reserve the Community Center
- Click the button to the right to submit a room reservation
- Click here to send an email request
- Call the Library during operating hours, at 248-437-8800
- Inquire at the Circulation Desk
The Library has 2 study rooms available for customer use. These rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis and are not reservable.
The Lyon Township Public Library has 10 public access computers for public use, 2 with Windows 10 & 8 with Windows 7. They are equipped with:
- High Speed Internet Access
- Microsoft Office 2016 product suite
- CD/DVD burners
- USB ports
One of these computers is equipped with a digital film scanner/viewer/printer for Genealogy research needs, and has Adobe Acrobat.
We also provide 9 laptops available for checkout and use within the library building.
Other available services include:
- Wireless access
- Color copying/printing
- Scanning to flash drive and email
- Camera memory card readers available for checkout at the Circulation Desk
- Floppy disk reader available for checkout at the Circulation Desk
Items available for purchase include:
- 8 gb flash drive $8.00
- Earphones/earbuds $3.00
Library customers may now check out a laptop computer for use within the library building!
Laptops are fully charged and installed with:
- Microsoft Windows 7 operating system
- Microsoft Office 2007
- CD/DVD burners
- USB port
- Wireless connectivity
Optional accessories may also be checked out:
- External mouse
- Memory card reader
To checkout a laptop, please inquire at the Circulation Desk.
- Laptops may be checked out for up to 2 hours.
- You will be required to sign a waiver and leave your driver’s license with staff at the Circulation Desk until the laptop is returned in good condition.
- Library staff will secure the laptop to a designated table area within the main library or in a study room. Laptops may not be removed from the library.
- If any damage occurs during your posession, you will be responsible for the repair cost incurred.
From your smartphone or tablet, go to your WiFi settings and make sure that WiFi is enabled. Choose to connect to the Library’s Wireless network.
Choose the connection Lyon Public.
Please note that depending on your version of software, there may be variations in the procedures.
If you experience problems establishing a wireless connection, you may want to check the following settings. The Lyon Township Public Library is not responsible for any changes that you make to your computer’s settings and cannot guarantee that your hardware will work with our wireless connection.
- Check to see if you have power management enabled on your wireless adapter. This may cause your laptop to turn off your wireless adapter after a period of inactivity to save power.
- Check to see if you have Windows Firewall or another firewall product enabled. These products may prevent your computer from connecting to our wireless network.
- If you also have a dial-up connection, check to see if your computer is set to “Always dial my default connection”. This may prevent you from connecting to our wireless network.
- LAN Settings should be set to “Automatically detect settings” and do not select a proxy server.