The Lyon Township Public Library has 10 public access computers with internet access for public use, all with:
- Windows 7 Operating System (6 computers)
- Windows 10 Operating System (4 computers)
- Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Office 2016 product suite
- CD/DVD burners
- USB ports
One of these computers is equipped with specialized peripherals:
- Genealogy digital film scanner/viewer/printer for Genealogy research needs.
Other available services include:
- Wireless access
- Color copying/printing
The following peripherals may be checked out at the Circulation Desk for use in building:
- Camera memory card readers
- Telephone charging cables
- External floppy disk drive
- External CD/DVD drive
Items available for purchase include:
- 8 gb flash drive $8.00
- Earphones/earbuds $3.00
From your smartphone or tablet, go to your WiFi settings and make sure that WiFi is enabled. Choose to connect to the Library’s Wireless network.
Choose the connection Lyon Public.
Please note that depending on your version of software, there may be variations in the procedures.
If you experience problems establishing a wireless connection, you may want to check the following settings. The Lyon Township Public Library is not responsible for any changes that you make to your computer’s settings and cannot guarantee that your hardware will work with our wireless connection.
- Check to see if you have power management enabled on your wireless adapter. This may cause your laptop to turn off your wireless adapter after a period of inactivity to save power.
- Check to see if you have Windows Firewall or another firewall product enabled. These products may prevent your computer from connecting to our wireless network.
- If you also have a dial-up connection, check to see if your computer is set to “Always dial my default connection”. This may prevent you from connecting to our wireless network.
- LAN Settings should be set to “Automatically detect settings” and do not select a proxy server.
Are you new to computing, or need help learning new skills? You may schedule individual sessions with our Computer Technician to help you with your computer questions! Sessions can be scheduled to teach you:
- How to do basic computer functions including launching applications, opening and closing windows, etc.
- How to navigate the internet
- How to protect your computer from threats including computer viruses
- How to setup and use an email account.
- How to use Microsoft Office products
- How to use a smartphone, tablet or eReader..
- Or anything else that you need help with!
Schedule an appointment by completing the form below: