Wireless access is available throughout the Library. You may bring in your own wireless-enabled device and connect to the Library’s high-speed Internet access. Printing is not available when using the Library’s wireless connection.
To establish a wireless connection at the Lyon Township Public Library, please use the following steps:
Note: You must have a valid library card from the Lyon Township Public Library or from another TLN Library to log in. If you do not have a library card, please ask a staff member at the Circulation Desk to issue you a “visitor wireless card”.
1. From your laptop, click, connect to Wireless Network Connection
Or click the wireless icon in the System Tray to connect to a wireless network
From your smartphone or tablet, go to your WiFi settings and make sure that WiFi is enabled. Choose to connect to the Library's Wireless network.
2. Choose the connection Lyon Public.
3. Make sure that you are connected.
4. Open your Internet Browser. You are now connected to the Internet.
Please note that depending on your version of software, there may be variations in the procedures.
If you experience problems establishing a wireless connection, you may want to check the following settings. The Lyon Township Public Library is not responsible for any changes that you make to your computer’s settings and cannot guarantee that your hardware will work with our wireless connection.
- Check to see if you have power management enabled on your wireless adapter. This may cause your laptop to turn off your wireless adapter after a period of inactivity to save power.
- Check to see if you have Windows Firewall or another firewall product enabled. These products may prevent your computer from connecting to our wireless network.
- If you also have a dial-up connection, check to see if your computer is set to “Always dial my default connection”. This may prevent you from connecting to our wireless network.
- LAN Settings should be set to “Automatically detect settings” and do not select a proxy server.