The William K. Smith Community Center (WKSCC) is located adjacent to the Lyon Township Public Library
The WKSCC's primary purpose is for the use of the Lyon Township Community. Priority is given to the needs of the Lyon Township government agencies, including the Township Government, Fire Department and Public Library. Community groups and Lyon Township residents may reserve the Community Center based on availability, by contacting the Lyon Township Public Library.
- The WKSCC may not be used to sell or to promote the sale of goods or services.
- Religious services are not permitted.
- A $100 deposit (by check made out to the Lyon Township Public Library) is required for use of the WKSCC.
- It is required that the person reserving the WKSCC is a resident of Lyon Township
- Parties are responsible for cleaning and securing the premises after use, and promptly returning the key. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of the deposit.
- Capacity of the WKSCC is limited to 50 people.
- The WKSCC is available until 9:00 pm Monday - Saturday and on Sunday until 5:00 pm.
- If needed, you may pick up a key to the Community Center at the Library Circulation Desk the day before your event.
- Provide all table coverings and materials for your event. Confetti and glitter are not permitted in the WKSCC.
- Do not use pins or tape on walls or painted surfaces
- You may use the refrigerator/freezer, microwave oven, sink and stovetop in the kitchen. The oven may be used only for warming up prepared food.
- Alcohol, smoking, the use of candles, fireworks, gambling, weapons, and illegal activities are all prohibited in and around the WKSCC.
- Swimming, boating and fishing in Lake Angela are not permitted from the WKSCC or Library frontage.
- No animals are permitted, other than those accompanying the disabled, or approved for programming purposes.
- No red beverages are permitted in the WKSCC.
To reserve the Community Center
- Click here to send an email request
- Call the Library during operating hours, at 248-437-8800
- Inquire at the Circulation Desk